Friday, January 18, 2013

Illustration Friday

In honor of Illustration Friday I'm posting today, even though I'm usually a Monday/Tuesday blogger. But that's okay since I missed this week! And I'm trying to get back into sketching regularly, so this works for me.
This past week's topic on Illustration Friday was "Ocean", and I have an older piece that I thought I'd share.
 My style has evolved since this piece was done, from watercolor to gouache and/or acrylic.Though I was never comfortable using watercolor, I was somewhat happy with this piece. It was for an assignment at RISD and the text involved a boy being afraid of the ocean. Images immediately came to mind and this is one of them.

Starting today on Illustration Friday, the topic is "Myth". That might be harder, since I don't typically do myth... but hey, there's a first time for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment