Sunday, August 23, 2015

Meeting my hero(ine), Melissa Sweet

So, I had a great weekend going to see Melissa Sweet's studio sale last Saturday. At first I was going to go, then I couldn't find (decently priced) lodging, then at the 11th hour I found lodging so whoopee, I was going!






I hadn't been up the coast of Maine in a while, so it was a real treat to see the ocean, trees and rural sights. The Rockport/Camden area is gorgeous and if it weren't for the endless winters I'd be living there right now. (Still thinking there's a way around all that snow... 2 months somewhere south perhaps).




Anyway, the venue, Union Hall was a lovely historic brick building with wood floors and to-die-for views of the harbor. My kids and husband went for a walk to the harbor while I perused the art and got up the nerve to speak to Melissa. I shouldn't have feared anything, because she's so down-to-earth nice. It felt like I had known her in a previous life/on another planet kind-of-thing.


I bought some art, a book and a special "Floating Fairy" which will serve as a mascot in my now cramped, but someday-to-be-expanded studio.


I'm still pinching myself on the whole experience!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Glad you made it!
    Was planning on this visit too, but ended up in New Hampshire.

    Kicking myself for not going, LOVE her work(s).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I made it. I don't often get to these sales/exhibits, but this one I had to check out! And as I said, Melissa is just a great person as well.

    ReplyDelete